Thursday, April 12, 2012

2 months

April 18th - Today Ava has still destated, but brings herself back up if mommy givers her a head massage. Mom spent most of the morning stroking her little head, she is normally a leave me alone girl. No surgery until she can keep her oxygenation levels up.
April 17th - Today they put a new picc line in above the old picc line, they didn't put it in her head which mom is thankful for. IR took her at 3pm and it took about 2 hours for the procedure. She is still destating into the 40's, 50's and 60's when she's not sedated. She likes extra pressure support on the ventilator.
Blake called and misses his mom and sister. He would miss school just to come see us.
April 16th - Last night was the same - lots of destat's and brady's and not even being on her tummy seemed to help. She did this all day today too about every 15 minutes her title volumes would fall and then so would her saturation levels the nurse would bag her back up and 15 mins later all over again. They messed with vent settings, they gave her morphine and ativan to help calm her nothing seems to work.  They sadated her to put in the new picc line and she stayed stable for an hour, the longest she'd gone all day. When i left at 10pm she had started to extend the time between desaturtation's hope she's over that hump. She still is getting lasiks to help unload the extra fluids as well as got a blood transfusion today, althought they are wanting lots of labs, so she'll probably need another bloold transfusion when they are done drawing blood for labs. Today was 60 days of life (2 months)
April 15th - Ava is still destating down into the 50's and 60's and needs bagged to bring her back up. She doesn't like being on her back, prefers her tummy, but she needs to spend time in other positions besides just her tum-tum. They have played with her vent settings multiple times trying to find what works for her (or what she'll work with) as she tries to get extra little breaths in or clamps down (holds her breath). They also put her back on a morphine drip for comfort level and to try and settle her down. They would like to pair her and another little guy but both of them are requiring extra care, they do pretty well with their own nurses, but when having to share they both seem to act up. Hopefully tomarrow will be a better day.
April 14th - Well we had a setback - Feeds lasted till about midnight and then she seemed to be having a tummy ache so off feeds till after surgery now. Still trying to figure out why she spiked a temp. Also she was stacking breaths so they sedated her, this helps her to relax and evens out her breathing. It brought down her CO2 levels and kept her off the oscillator for now, she still may end up on it if they can't wean her settings. All this going on so mom hasn't gotton to hold her after Dad left. Once she stablizes hopefully I'll get to hold again soon. Praying she has a good night tonight.

Sounds like the boys are feeling somewhat better, Roxie brought them Supper - thanks everyone who is taking care of my boys while i'm in Seattle with little Ms. Ava.

To keep myself busy, I worked on making a headband for Ava, will try it on her tomarrow, and see if i can figure out how to make flower accessories for it too. Thanks to Dana for providing me with yarn and crochet hooks.
April 13th - Yah! After waiting till noon for rounds, we learned we could start feeds today. 1ml an hour continues feeds. She was doing pretty good, a little more in her tummy than they would have liked around 8pm, but will she how she does later this evening.  Hopefully her tummy will kick in and do what its supposed to do and she'll also have bowel movements as well.
My poor little boys stayed home sick today with fevers and chest congestion, hope they get over it soon.
April 12th - Ava is 8 weeks old today. She is 3lbs 7 oz. She is 34 weeks and 2 days gestational age as well. She is still struggling with getting her lungs to grow and do their job, and we have not started feeds again. The surgeons say 2-3 still before surgery and are considering letting her start feeds before surgery but have not given the go ahead yet.  I'm getting flustrated with all the mechanical nursing and being such a good producer that I have to dump it all as there is not enough space in the freezers and once they start her on feeds they will use fresh not frozen.

Little Miss Ava 8 weeks Old
Here froggie something to hold besides her vent tube

I pray that they decide to do the surgery earlier so we can work on getting her up to 1/2 feeds and are able to go home sooner. As it stands if its 3 weeks till surgery we'll still be here 6 weeks from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment